Off Into The Infinite Universe...

Welcome Back My Friends, To The Show That Never Ends...
This is for everyone who has a strange fascination with loopy structures, paradoxes, science, quantum physics, the nature of duality, the internet, cyber culture, philosophy, and any one who has stayed up into the late hours contemplating infinities.If any of you have any contributions for posts, paradoxes, mathematical infinities, or anything that has loopy nature send it to DamntheMachine09@aol.com

Support The Infinite Blog!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Droste Effect







As discussed earlier last week, the idea of a picture, referencing itself over and over again, really intrigues me. I love looking at a picture and it having a picture of its own product on the picture! Here's a few I found. I can't really tell if the morton salt girl is holding a box of herself...but I can only assume so...
If anyone else has any additional Droste Effect products and ads, send them to Damnthemachine09@aol.com and I'll post them here.

5 comments:

  1. While not an advertisement, there is a game called Portal that you might find interesting, if you play video games at all. It's a puzzle game where you use 2 portals to cross space/time to complete tests and more. It started out as a small game and then got hugely popular because it's an excellent game.

    Anyway, you can see some droste effect stuff with the portals you use in-game. Here's a screenshot for an example in the link below.

    http://blog.gambrinous.com/2009/04/19/introducing-gambrinousgamescom/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to my blog for tips, tricks & tutorials on Blogger, AdSense, Analytics... Become a pro.

    SpunChops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda like....an infinite loop!!!!
    i get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link and idea N1ck! I actually have Portal for my xbox (before it turned into a red ringing mass of silicon). That was my favorite part of the orange box! I spent ALOT of time making portals, like the one you showed. My personal fav was putting a portal on the floor and one right above it, and falling continously, unless stopped!

    ReplyDelete