Off Into The Infinite Universe...

Welcome Back My Friends, To The Show That Never Ends...
This is for everyone who has a strange fascination with loopy structures, paradoxes, science, quantum physics, the nature of duality, the internet, cyber culture, philosophy, and any one who has stayed up into the late hours contemplating infinities.If any of you have any contributions for posts, paradoxes, mathematical infinities, or anything that has loopy nature send it to DamntheMachine09@aol.com

Support The Infinite Blog!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Video Loops: Into the Wild Blue Yonder









After reading Douglas Hofstadters "I am a Strange Loop", I had to put this video loop idea's into play myself. So I picked up a cheap web cam (Creative), fired it up, and let it rip. I got some pretty interesting and cool looking pics with it. What really fascinates me is the implied infinity of the image. While obviously the screen can only show so many windows, the implied amount is infinite. There would always be another window inside the window! I got some nice effects by turning the cam, or by holding it up close to the screen, and then pulling it away quickly. Even by sticking objects like fingers, or pens, infront of the camera, give you a nice spiraling effect. I really like the 4th pic down. Don't know how I got it, but I got the lens to churn out a red glare instead of the blue one that it normally has. I love how some of the pics resemble spiraling staircases to no where. I suggest for all you loopy enthusiaists that you try this experiment yourself. The possibilities are too, infinite. Let me know what you think and send in your own video loop pics. Remember press the "Print scr" button on your keyboard to take a snap shot of whatever's on your screen. Then paste your pic onto Microsoft paint, and send it to me at damnthemachine09@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment