Off Into The Infinite Universe...

Welcome Back My Friends, To The Show That Never Ends...
This is for everyone who has a strange fascination with loopy structures, paradoxes, science, quantum physics, the nature of duality, the internet, cyber culture, philosophy, and any one who has stayed up into the late hours contemplating infinities.If any of you have any contributions for posts, paradoxes, mathematical infinities, or anything that has loopy nature send it to DamntheMachine09@aol.com

Support The Infinite Blog!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I want to devise a virus


Another new year, reason to celebrate for some, lamentation for others. I sit here in Barnes and Noble, using up their free wifi, thinking of something to write. First post of 2011 and I'm seemingly stumped. I've recently been employed at Staples (the office supply store). Unfortunately this isn't exactly where I'd want to be in life. I'm 23 years old, and I feel I'm too old for petty retail jobs like that anymore. I've done my time working retail, and I want out. Its a rotation of crabby, greedy customers all day. And that's not even the worst, we have a heavy quota that we must meet. I've been hired as "EasyTech". Its Staples version of Best Buy's "Geeksquad". While this is right up my alley of interest, its just a glorified salesman job. The last few days I've been locked in a small room in the back office, taking tests, trying to get certified on selling camera's, processors, printers etc.. Again I'd have no problem with this, but its the heavy sales figures that I have to meet that has me worried.
I've never been one for cosmic karma, but I suppose I've had this coming. Over the last two years, I've been very successful racking in money through the internet, through sort of nefarious means. I'm not going into any detail, but lets just say my rather large income was internet based and not exactly ethical. Needless to say I've been found out, and my monetary empire has all but collapsed. Humbled, and pretty much broke, I now must pick up with what scraps I have left and rebuild my life. If this would have happened 2 or 3 years ago, I could bounce back no problem, but I'm not entering my mid twenties with this over my head. Anyone else use the computer for not so squeaky clean desires? Let me preface this by saying, while I do consider myself a hacker, I'm not that profiecient at code, but the hacker mentality is alive and well with me. Exploration of computer systems, and the mind is really what I'm about, that being said, any of you use your computer to get information that your not normally privy to? Or to get around the normally strict rules set by someone? One of my favorite Foxtrot comics, using code to get around the rules!

This song really sums up my mood right now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6j_3KetcQs&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment